Saturday, May 12, 2012

'DARK SHADOWS' & 'AVENGERS' BOX OFFICE CIRCUS: Nikki Rules Again With Insight And Depth; Other 'Reporters' Apparently Tired

This is probably going to be a regular sentiment here, so if you're looking for me to bash her because that's what YOU want, then go somewhere else. Just read it. And then tell me, honestly, that her piece isn't better than the robotic "journalism" put forth by Variety, THR and The Wrap. Even the headline alone helps: she uses ANEMIC to describe "Dark Shadows." I don't give a crap one way or the other about "Dark Shadows," but anyone who bashes things in headlines -- in an industry full of "proper" journalists who were taught never to do that -- well, that's why she's just better at this. And, as always, her piece is insightful, not just full of stuff my mother already knows. Taking a look around: Gregg Kilday wrote 8 paragraphs for THR. Variety -- well, their goddamn paywall is bothering me, so I won't read it today. And The Wrap's is, also, basic. So once again -- and until someone else does this better -- Nikki wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment