Saturday, May 26, 2012

LATEST DEVELOPMENT...It's Bush/Gore All Over Again With Hanging Chads And Everything...Now The Wrap Joins Variety As Cannes Champions



2ND UPDATE: I mentioned below that I didn't seen a Wrap news alert and asked for your help in securing proof. And so you listened -- some of you sent me what appears to be a copy of a 10:52 alert that indeed went out and was received. So it looks like we have a late challenger to the crown. But since I never got it and therefore needed evidence from another source, I'm declaring a dual champion FOR NOW. So there. Keep me posted, everyone...if this is inaccurate, let me know. I will keep updating if I have to.

UPDATE: Congrats, Variety -- you were the clear victor. The alert was the only thing that mattered today, and I got yours at 10:54 a.m. Nice one, Justin Chang and Peter Debruge.

Deadline gets points for doing that thing they do -- sending alerts for all of the winners as they happened in real time -- but alas, their "Amour" news break came to me at 10:56.

The Hollywood Reporter's alert arrived in my inbox at 10:59. And no, Todd McCarthy's breaking news column (also sent as an alert) doesn't make it better. You had a whole staff there for much of the festival, gang. Should have done better than the bronze medal.

I got a Wrap Cannes Newsletter at 1:32. I can't believe there was no breaking news alert earlier than that. If there was one and I missed it, please let me know.

PREVIOUS: OK -- we're down to the big weekend. Staffs are mobilized, people are standing by to push buttons, and someone's going to have it first. Which means someone's going to be dead last, despite all of their game efforts. Who's it going to be, folks? I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment