Wednesday, May 30, 2012

REVIEWING THE REVIEWS: 'Prometheus'

Overnight you received the “Prometheus” review alerts from THR and Variety. I can’t really tell if Justin Chang likes it, but he thinks it’s "chatty" and that it will be a major box office player (if he’s wrong, I’ll be back). Todd McCarthy doesn’t say anything about its turnstile prospects, but he does say it won’t hit “classic’ status because it doesn’t take enough chances. Me? I think it looks like that awful Barry Levinson movie, "Sphere"...but I'm sure it's much better. I’ll say this about the review presentations: THR knows how to take care of previous stories -- it calls attention to four other "Prometheus"-related items. Variety still just cuts and pastes the review. Nothing on any other stories at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment